Ahh the yearly thankful post! I think I’ll do it in bullet points to make things easier. 🙂 This year I am thankful for:
- The opportunity to vote. Yes, the outcome of this election sucked ass and frankly scares the crap out of me… but I am still thankful for all of the people who risked their lives for the chance for me to vote as a woman, a biracial person, and a member of the LGBT community.
- A home that I love. My mom and I bought a house this summer and I love it! I love knowing that the place is ours and if my cat is an asshole who wants to piss on the floor I’m not going to lose a deposit. LOL I reallllly need to finish unpacking, but oh… I love the idea that I may never have to move again. 🙂 (In my 40 years I have moved 17 times).
- A job that doesn’t suck my soul. After the Job of Doom that lasted for nearly 8 years, I finally feel like I’m in a place where I fit. I still get to help children and families but I’m on the proactive prevention side of child abuse instead of the reactive crisis side like I used to be. My home visits are mostly happy and fun and giggly instead of sad, stressful, and full of danger and screaming. I’m also working on a Infant Mental Health Endorsement, so yay!
- Amazing friends. I have a handful of people in my life who frankly are amazing. Many of them are in this blogging circle. ❤ They love me and support me, and even when we all get stressed and don’t talk as much as we could, they don’t give up on me. That’s a really great thing to have. I also have this amazing group of coworkers who I can’t say enough good things about.
- Doodlebutt. No thankful list is complete without the Doodles. I love all of my babies (most of them aren’t babies at all anymore… they’re 10, 13, 16, and 21 now!) but the Doodlebutt still gets excited to hang out with me. He loves laughing with me and playing stupid games with me, and I just adore every little bit of him. From singing Jersey Boys and Hamilton songs together, to laughing ourselves to tears playing with Bobo, and being able to just hang out doing nothing together… he is my sunshine! He still hasn’t reached that, “I’m too cool to hang out with Aunt Kellie,” stage yet, so I’m going to keep on eating it up while I can! I am still very thankful for my other monsters too!
- Insurance! LOL No seriously… last year when I started my new job it didn’t include benefits so I got to experience the Affordable Care Act. I can’t tell you what a blessing it was to have that option. Without it I wouldn’t have been medicated for the past year, wouldn’t have been diagnosed (finally!) and wouldn’t have started treatment for my inflammatory arthritis. I would also most likely have lost my job because without all of that there’s no way I would have been functioning. It got me through the year and now I have a job with benefits so woo hoo!
- Peppermint Mocha Creamer. Dude, as soon as they start selling the stuff I’m all over it. Mine! LOL It’s my absolute favorite.
- Kira. My sweet little old lady kitty turned 15 last week. She’s a pain in my ass and I still threaten her life regularly because she’s a jerk, but she’s my jerk!
- Holidays! In this job I actually get holidays, weekends, nights off… It’s been a year and I’m still super thankful for that! Oh and snow days too! Woo! I’ll be working for part of the day today and then will be off until Monday, yay!
- You! Thank you for reading my blog and for tolerating my absence when I don’t post stuff. I really do appreciate it!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving if you celebrate it!