Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
I’ve been absent a few weeks because of work and life and junk. Thanks for hanging in there and waiting for my return. 🙂 This week because of Turkey Day we’re focusing on what we’re thankful for. So without further ado…
* Family: I have kind of an awesome family. My parents are spectacular, my siblings are talented, and my niece and nephews are the loves of my life. I even have a sister in law who rocks and who will forever be my sister even when she’s legally not an “in law” anymore. Sure, my family has it’s problems, but I’m very lucky to have them.
* Friends: Ohhhh my peeps! For a very shy person I’ve lucked out and found some pretty amazing friends. Friends who build me up, support me, love all my goofy sides, laugh with me at inappropriate moments, and inspire me. I adore my writer girls so much it’s nuts. When we get together we laugh until our bodies hurt. 🙂 My local peeps are my travel buddies, sleepover sisters, and the people who I can either talk my head off with or be totally quiet. My bestie Shawn has been my movie/concert/travel/crafty/reading partner for almost twenty years! She must like me or something. 😉
* Moving: Okay so the act of moving and packing blows… But I’m so thankful to finally be able to say that we’re moving! I’ve loved being next door to my bestie for the past few years, and I’m super glad we were able to live here and have Gramps spend the last part of his life here with us. But we’re headed back to the city soon to live in a house that’s warmer, smaller, cheaper, has drinkable water, and hopefully no flying rodent bastards! Plus we’ll be closer to family and work too.
* Creativity: I wouldn’t survive without my creativity. I need to create on a regular basis whether it’s writing, knitting, doodling, sewing, or doing some other crafty business. When I don’t have time for creative artsy goodness I’m a very unhappy person.
* Heart: I bitch about my soul sucking job a lot. Despite how badly I want out of it though, I’m really thankful for the chance I’ve had to be a positive influence in the lives of my clients. To listen when no one else would, to advocate for someone who doesn’t have a voice, and just BE there. Yeah, I want to be able to do that in a different way and with a different title, but I’m glad I can do it.
* You: I’m thankful for each and every one of you that take the time to read this blog, make comments, and keep coming back! Thank you!
That’s all I have for now. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving if you celebrate it! If not, have a great week anyway!